Attention Louisiana Bars & Restaurants:

Louisiana lawmakers have just voted to ban hemp THC beverages from being sold at bars and restaurants that don’t have an ATC Consumable Hemp Permit by June 17, 2024.

If you want to sell THC beverages at your bar or restaurant, this is your last chance to get a permit before the new hemp law takes effect.

Don’t miss out on the opportunity to offer these wildly popular alcohol alternatives to your customers.

Join thousands of Louisiana bars and restaurants already selling THC beverages. Follow the steps below to apply for your permit…

Bars and restaurants must be permitted by June 17, 2024 to sell hemp products. It can take up to a week to get approved, so act now!

How To Get Your Louisiana Hemp Permit

Consumable hemp retail dealer permits are provided by the Louisiana Office of Alcohol and Tobacco Control (ATC). If your business already has an alcohol or tobacco permit, you can apply for a hemp permit online through your existing account.

  • Access the Online Permits section of the Louisiana ATC Website: laatcabc.atc.la.gov/laatcprod/pub/Login.aspx
  • Log in to your ATC account.
  • From the drop down menu, select CONSUMABLE HEMP RETAIL DEALER PERMIT. Fill out the online application and submit.
  • The permit costs $175 and is valid from April 1, 2024 through March 31, 2025. It can be renewed for a full year after that date. The permit typically arrives 1-2 weeks after submission.
  • Retailers owe a 3% excise tax on gross retail sales of hemp products in Louisiana. This is in addition to state and local taxes and is due monthly through LaTAP.
  • For a hemp product to be legal to sell in Louisiana, it must be registered with the Louisiana Department of Health, which Crescent 9 THC Seltzer is. To see registered products, visit www.la.egov.com/ldh/labelmanagement
  • Per ATC Advisory Notice issued 6/5/2024 they are not guaranteeing permit approval by the deadline. The $175 fee is nonrefundable.

Pin It on Pinterest